Summary: A new proposal laid out by the National Governors Association for reorganizing the structure of the curriculum of United States schools from kindergarten through twelfth grade. The new system would have students developing reasoning and logic skills earlier than they do now, and making the system national would make sure that it doesn't depend on what county you live in the type of education you will receive.
Opinion: I feel very strongly about this proposal. I think that it is exactly what is necessary for the United States to once again be at the top of the world in terms of education. Most other countries have students well beyond the U.S. in terms of math and reading at almost any level. This needs to change. If the new system is actually incorporated, which I feel it will not be, then young children can start reaching potential earlier and developing new skills to put the U.S. back to the innovating and intelligent level necessary for international competition.

No comments:
Post a Comment