
Who drew this cartoon? John Cole
Where was it published? Unknown
What issue does it deal with? The extreme amount of snow that has hit the entire east coast this year, it has hit the global warming enthusiasts in the face.
What is the cartoon's message? The cartoon is poking fun at the protests of global warming and environmental promoters who argue that the the poles are melting and all kinds of species are in danger, when we've been averaging ten degrees cooler per day than is normal and have more snow a half a month in to winter than we usually get throughout the whole course of the winter.
Do you agree with the message? I do. It's kind of hard to tell people that anything is melting when most people are freezing their hands off just walking to the car. The problem is that although I believe global warming is occurring, those promoters should should know how and when to pick their fight.

I don't think the large amount of snow is completely going to trump peoples' beliefs that global warming is occuring rapidly. They will still cite polar water temperatures and decline of species as evidence of its quick impact on nature, whether or not these things are actually direct results of global warming.
ReplyDeleteAlthough we have had a large amount of snow on the east, I don't think that people will give up the belief that global warming is occurring. I think more dramitic weather changes will have to occur if they are going to believe that it is not global warming.
ReplyDelete