Sunday, January 10, 2010

Obama 2010

The Obama administration has done a lot of talking and not a lot of delivering. Although I definitely believe Obama came in at a very difficult time, especially in terms of the economic recession, he has done little that has had a true upturning effect. We are more in debt now with the stimulus spending than we were pre-Obama, and the effects of the spending have not been really felt as of yet. Hopefully in the coming months some alleviation will happen, but I don't count on it. What I believe Obama needs to focus on is the economy above everything else. If he can accomplish one thing this year, it should be getting the recession out of the U.S., it's a difficult task, but he owes it to Americans.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that the economy is a priority for Obama, and that is precisely why I don't think things will get any better. Obama will simply try to spend his way out of the recession. In a free market economy like ours, the markets must remain just that: free. Government spending and regulation will only put us into more debt (and, not to mention, it oversteps the federal government's constitutional boundaries).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you. Although Obama came into his presidency during a rough time, he has done little that has actually stimulated the economy. He is trying, but he is putting us in more of a debt. I agree with Emile that government spending and regulation will not help the economy. If anything, it will hurt an economy like ours even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of you. Obama has to get America out of the economic issues and it should be his first priority. He needs to work out to make sure everything is solved soon, and I agree with both of you and think that he should aviod government spending and regulation.

    ReplyDelete