Health care was passed a few weeks ago in the House and has now been taken to the Senate floor with the necessary 60 votes for open debate, eliminating the possibility of the use of a filibuster by Republicans. I believe that everyone needs to have health care, be it through the government's public option (which is included in the bill for both houses) or with a private insurance company. The cost to Americans is too great when those who simply cross the border into America to get an injury fixed or have a baby. Cheaters of the system cause problems to everyone, and this universal health care will help alleviate some of the pressure that already rests on Americans' shoulders with the depression, but in the future will ultimately help, recession or not.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's getting pretty intense. It is very hard to say what the immediate outcomes of this health care bill will be but I sure do Hope that it can make a positive turn around for the big US of A.
ReplyDeleteI agree, especially in respect to the part about illegal immigrants being uninsured. While I don't think it is fair for Americans who gained entrance to this country unfairly, or those who refuse to seek employment, to be spoon-fed from the government, I would be much more comfortable knowing that they are insured; one less person in harm's way is never a bad thing. Perhaps the universal insurance plan may even provide incentives for them to gain citizenship or become employed.
ReplyDelete