Sunday, September 27, 2009
Political Party Alignment
To be honest, I've never taken much interest in politics or taking sides with political factions. Back in my younger years (I think this was for the 2000 election) I wanted George Bush to be elected because I really, really liked his last name. It beat out Al Gore any day. With the latest presidential election, I somewhat followed what was going on, kind of watched the series of debates between Obama and McCain, Biden and Palin, and I felt much more strongly towards the Democratic side of the scale than the Republican. In terms of abortion, I think it comes down to the choice of the mother. Everyone makes mistakes, and women shouldn't be judged for choosing to have a baby aborted. I won't pretend to have much of an idea of what I am, but throw some choices at me and I believe I would fall under the Democrat platform 9 times out of 10. I'm hoping that the great teachings of Mr. Stroud (see left) will be bestowed upon my clasmates and I, so that I may make more aware decisions and know what I stand for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First of all, nice picture of Stroud. Although i agree that Bush's name is cooler, i knew then that he was stupid. I agree with most of the things you said especially about abortion. I however believe that the choice should be the couple's unless of cases of rape. Although it's the woman's body the guy certainly took part in the process so he should have a say as well.
ReplyDeleteThat's some shameless sucking up there Jack. And Joey, President Bush is not stupid. You may not agree with much of what he did. But the man went to Yale and Harvard--those are two pretty good schools. As for abortion, I completely agree that it is up to the choice of the mother when she decides whether or not she wants to conceive a child. After that, however, she should not have the choice to kill her child.
ReplyDeleteI think that a lot of people our age are in the same situation as you. We try to follow what's going on, but can't always keep up. I totally agree with your views on abortion; it should definitely be up to the mother to decide whether or not she wants to abort her child, not the government.
ReplyDelete